Problem with ffmpeg or the source?

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 13:15:57 EST 2010

On 17 December 2010 17:19, Andy Bircumshaw <andy at networkned.co.uk> wrote:

> Only relatively infrequently do I use get_iplayer in "real time". I receive a daily email of my favourite "--since 24" search preset (check out get_iplayer's "--email" option - I'm really pleased with it), I just "--pvr-queue" programmes that I'm interested in (or add series using --pvr-add) and then run `get_iplayer --pvr` in a nightly cron job.
>
> Each morning when the --pvr run is completed the full output from get_iplayer - about 3 or 4 meg of text like the above - is emailed to me. I think of that as the "log".
>
> How long have you been using get_iplayer? Have you never noticed this visual corruption before? Is it only me that has? I perceive video artefacts as quite a common problem.

I've only used it in real time so far - I've been meaning to delve
deeper into the options and automate it more.

I've been using get_iplayer for some time now. The earliest file I
still have is dated 26th June but I am sure I was using it a long time
before that.

I've only noticed this particular type of corruption in the last week.
I noticed the brainfart messages back around 9th Dec which is what
prompted me to update ffmpeg. This Nigel Slater was the first HD
content ive downloaded since then.