iphone Radio downloads

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Dec 13 09:47:58 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 14:37 +0000, Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 02:27:02PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> >Aren't they using https:// for iPhone now?
>
> The URL I mentioned includes an embed/href to:
>
> https://securegate.iplayer.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/vpid/b00vn7dl/media/iplayer_stb_uk_stream_aac_concrete/proto/https
>
> >And some kind of client certificate? Would be interesting to see if we
> >can get certificates...
>
> Which URL various grabbers fail with:
>
> curl: (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure
>
> [wget]
> OpenSSL: error:14094411:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert no certificate
>
> so this may well be the problem.

Yeah. But these devices don't have SSL certs built-in, do they? They'll
be using a cert which has been downloaded somehow from the BBC, I
suspect. In which case, maybe we can download one too. Or extract one
from a device...

> R (If I send a message to a list, please reply to me on the list, not
> directly.)

I'll attempt to remember that, but will often forget. And will always
err on the side of inclusion rather than exclusion if I do forget:
http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html

--
dwmw2