iphone Radio downloads

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Mon Dec 13 09:25:38 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 02:09:58PM +0000, Andrew Stevens wrote:

>The last couple of days I've been finding that the radio programmes I'm attempting to download are no longer finding the default iphone data and falling back on other options.  Has something changed in the iphone feed that has broken this facility?

With --verbose and a randomly-selected radio programme, the relevant
output seems to be:

INFO: Getting page http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vn7gx
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vn7gx.rdf
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b00vn7gx
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b00vn7gx
INFO: Using Not Live standard TV and Radio: b00vn7dl
INFO: Version: default, VersionPid: b00vn7dl, Duration: 660
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/b00vn7dl?cb=78542
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/b00vn7dl/iplayer_intl_stream_mp3/akamai?cb=45738
INFO: iphone stream URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00vn7gx
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00vn7gx
DEBUG: Got iphone mediaselector URL:
ERROR: Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site

DEBUG: No iphone redirect stream
INFO: Found mode flashaudio1: (iplayer_intl_stream_mp3) rtmp mp3 128kbps stream (CDN: akamai/10)

When I look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00vn7gx
(with a suitable iPhone-ish user-agent set, otherwise I just get the
unsupported message) there's no download.iplayer.bbc.co.uk URL in the
response.

Roger