booting from network with fc6 or fc7t2 / Apple G4 PPC ? yaboot ?

Pierre Bourgin pierre.bourgin at arteris.com
Tue Mar 6 12:43:36 EST 2007

Hello,

I confirm the 6 MB barrier for file transmitted via TFTP.
I don't know if this limitation comes from yaboot or the Apple's
OpenFirmware.

I was finally abble to launch the installation of the FC6 from the
network thanks to yaboot/TFTP by reducing the ramdisk.image.gz file from
6.2 MB to 5.3 MB.

In details, I unpacked ramdisk.image.gz and removed some drivers I do
not need from its modules/modules.cgz file (qlogic / hba drivers, JFS
and XFS support) and upated configuration files in modules/ .

Does Fedora project plan to provide ramdisk.image.gz < 6 MB in the future ?

my $ 0.02

Pierre Bourgin