Newbie USB thumb drive problem in FC5-PPC test 3.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.com
Thu Feb 23 14:15:56 EST 2006

I am trying to mount my USB thumb drive. Here is my fstab:

LABEL=/1                /                       ext3    defaults
1 1
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
0 0
LABEL=/home1            /home                   ext3    defaults
1 2
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults
0 0
LABEL=SWAP-sda4         swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/sdc1               /mnt/usbdrive           auto
defaults,users.noauto 0 0

I have created "/mnt/usbdrive" and "/dev/sdc" is listed in system ->
administration -> hardware. The drive is listed as "fat16" I have also
tried in the terminal:

$ sudo mount fat /dev/sdc
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
$ sudo mount fat16 /dev/sdc
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

I have tried to mount my HFS+ partition on my second SATA drive with the
same result, when I used "hfsplus" as fs type. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Brian