G5-bootable FC3 tree.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 17 06:46:40 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 09:27 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I've produced a tree with current errata and a 64-bit boot.iso,
> available at ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/linux/fedora-ppc/fc3-ppc/
> or rsync://ftp.uk.linux.org/ftp/linux/fedora-ppc/fc3-ppc
>
> It's not tested yet, but hopefully images/mac64/boot.iso should boot on
> the G5 and allow you to install.

It didn't. Passing it through s/MacRISC3/MacRISC4/ makes it boot though.
The result is in boot.iso.fixed in the same directory. I'll send the
incremental patch to fix that in rawhide too.

> The 32-bit installation should work the same as FC3 does, using
> images/mac/boot.iso.

Yeah, fairly much the same behaviour on the spare PPC32 machine I tried
-- loads the network driver, keeps insisting that I select a network
driver or supply a driver disc, refuses to install. Is that one fixed in
rawhide?

--
dwmw2