FC3 hangs on ibook G4

Ray Chen rayccnthu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 21:49:08 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have an ibook G4 with 768 mb memory and 80GB HDD. I splited the HDD
into two major partitions, first for Mac OS X and second for Linux.
Basiclly , the FC3 (dev/test) CD-1 are not bootable, so that I try
burning the boot.iso for FTP installation. During the entire process
of installations, everything is fine. The yabootconfig and ybin jobs
are also not missing to make the system dually bootable. However, when
restarting the FC3, it hangs on the step of "selinux" and shows
something like that,
Warming: no console .....
selinux: diable on runtime
selinux: registering netfilter hook.

Consequently, I saw the indicator (near the touchpad) flashing a
little bit and then the system freezed. To fix this problem, I have
tried different ways to install. For example, enable/disable firewalls
and selinux, and replace the kernel by interrupting the installation
and mounting the installed system . The system still hangs regardless
what I'm trying to do. Does anyone have same experience? Please help,
Thank you.

Ray