[PATCH 2/2] PBL: add oneshot helper for sha384 and sha512

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Tue Sep 29 04:09:54 PDT 2026


On 2026-09-29 10:36, Michael Tretter wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2026 07:08:56 +0000, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > On 2026-09-28 14:25, Michael Tretter wrote:
> > > Similar to the oneshot helper for sha256, add helpers for sha384 and
> > > sha512.
> > > 
> > > The helper functions don't use the ARMv8 Crypto Extensions, yet.
> > > 
> > > Signed-off-by: Michael Tretter <m.tretter at pengutronix.de>
> > > ---
> > >  include/crypto/pbl-sha.h | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
> > >  1 file changed, 22 insertions(+)
> > > 
> > > diff --git a/include/crypto/pbl-sha.h b/include/crypto/pbl-sha.h
> > > index dbfb79647462..8a20e0a2b84b 100644
> > > --- a/include/crypto/pbl-sha.h
> > > +++ b/include/crypto/pbl-sha.h
> > > @@ -28,7 +28,29 @@ int sha512_init(struct digest *desc);
> > >  int sha512_update(struct digest *desc, const void *data, unsigned long len);
> > >  int sha512_final(struct digest *desc, u8 *out);
> > >  
> > > +static inline void pbl_sha512(const void *buf, size_t len,
> > > +			      u8 out[SHA512_DIGEST_SIZE])
> > > +{
> > > +	struct sha512_state state = { };
> > > +	struct digest d = { .ctx = &state, .length = SHA512_DIGEST_SIZE };
> > > +
> > > +	sha512_init(&d);
> > > +	sha512_update(&d, buf, len);
> > > +	sha512_final(&d, out);
> > > +}
> > 
> > Instead of making these static inline functions, could you follow the
> > template in pbl/sha256.c to give future developers an idea how for
> > example the crypto extensions should be implemented?
> 
> I implemented this as static inline to avoid the decision, if I should
> add pbl/sha384.c and pbl/sha512.c modules, or if I should change
> pbl/sha256.c to a more generic pbl/sha.c. I tend to the second option.
> Do you have any preference?

Damn, that's the decision I thought I had pushed to you with my last
mail ;)

As I do not anticipate that file becoming too big, so I tend to the
second option as well.

Sascha

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           |                             |
Steuerwalder Str. 21                       | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |
31137 Hildesheim, Germany                  | Phone: +49-5121-206917-0    |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686           | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |




More information about the barebox mailing list