Howto implement bootchooser <-> rauc interaction

Konstantin Kletschke konstantin.kletschke at inside-m2m.de
Fri Dec 17 06:21:01 PST 2021

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 02:08:01PM +0100, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:

>   git remote add stable git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git
>   git fetch stable --tags
>   git cherry-pick 663a18271
>
> Or just update to a more recent kernel release.

I need to figure out how the cherry picking works and for updating the
kernel I need to cope with "my" yocto framework I already deployed here.
The 5.10 branch seems to be the hottest shit, I will figure out how to
implement my own linux based upon the existing build framework...

>   reg = <0x300 0xffd00>;

I forgot to substract 0x300 from the length, of course!
Thanks for clarification.

> Could be. You'd have to know how the on-disk partition table looks like,
> but I'd guess that partitions are aligned to 1M boundaries and this is
> as you describe directly beneath it.

Of course, I do not know their layout neither, just to understand the
addressing/length theme.

Thank You Ahmad!

--
INSIDE M2M GmbH
Konstantin Kletschke

Telefon: +49 (0) 5137 90950136
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 15256238
Fax: +49 (0) 5137 9095010

konstantin.kletschke at inside-m2m.de
http://www.inside-m2m.de

Geschäftsführung: Michael Emmert, Ingo Haase, Dr. Fred Könemann, Derek Uhlig
HRB: 111204, AG Hannover