Howto implement bootchooser <-> rauc interaction

Konstantin Kletschke konstantin.kletschke at inside-m2m.de
Tue Dec 14 13:40:28 PST 2021

On 2021-12-05 23:55, Roland Hieber wrote:

> You probably also want to delete your bootchooser variables from the
> env

Are you shure about that? I read some example/documentation at
bootlin.com
doing/presenting a nice phytec device tree for EEPROM state but later on
it points out to
"[...]add bootchooser variables associated to both targets in
arch/arm/<board>/env/nv[...]"

When I utilize "devinfo state" (with all global/nv bootchoser variables
removed) I get

barebox at TI AM335x BeagleBone black:/ devinfo state
Parameters:
   bootstate.last_chosen: 0 (type: uint32)
   bootstate.system0.ok: 0 (type: uint32)
   bootstate.system0.priority: 21 (type: uint32)
   bootstate.system0.remaining_attempts: 3 (type: uint32)
   bootstate.system1.ok: 0 (type: uint32)
   bootstate.system1.priority: 20 (type: uint32)
   bootstate.system1.remaining_attempts: 3 (type: uint32)
   dirty: 0 (type: bool)
   init_from_defaults: 0 (type: bool)
   save_on_shutdown: 1 (type: bool)

Is bootchooser smart enough to gather system0 and system1 as bootable
entries/possibilities?
For bootchooser.targets...

My system is not proven to work (I just sent a different mail with my
other issues to this thread)
yet, may be there are other issues hidden, but I do not get this part.

I created two boot entries system0 and system1 in /env/boot/ with
content mmc1.1 (for system0) and
mmc1.2 (for system1.2). Both are bootloader-spec-enabled partitions.
What me bothers is, "boot mmc1.1" works,
"boot system0" not. How do I properly make a bootchoser entry for
mmc1.1?

If no variables are required, where could be the cuplrit for this:

barebox at TI AM335x BeagleBone black:/ bootchooser
ERROR: bootchooser: Target list $global.bootchooser.targets is empty
No bootchooser found

Kind Regards,
Konsti