No oob scheme defined for oobsize 224 on imx6ull board

郑小军 jameszxj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 04:11:11 EST 2020

Hi, all
    I am trying to run barebox on my i.mx6ull board.  I inherit from
nxp-imx6ull-evk. When I added nand flash support, system crashed. I
found that the pointer "chip->legacy.set_features" and
"chip->legacy.get_features" in nand_mxs.c was NULL.
I replaced it with nand_set_features() and nand_get_features().
Barebox didn't crash again, but I get the errors:
        nand_base: device found, Manufacturer ID: 0x2c, Chip ID: 0xdc
        nand_base: Micron MT29F4G08ABAEAWP
        nand_base: 512 MiB, SLC, erase size: 256 KiB, page size: 4096,
OOB size: 224
        WARNING: at drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c:5591/nand_scan_tail()!
        WARNING: No oob scheme defined for oobsize 224
        mxs_nand 1806000.nand-controller at 1806000.of: probe failed:
Invalid argument

dts:
&gpmi {