Dynamic RAM configuration on iMX6 board

Albert, Elmar EAlbert at data-modul.com
Fri May 4 00:57:03 PDT 2018

Hello everybody,

I'm working on a board using iMX6. There are variants of the board
differing in iMX6S/DL/D/Q and the size of the memory on CS0. The
iMX6S/DL/D variants are using 32bit interface to two DDR3 devices (e.g.
1GByte), the iMX6Q variant is using 64bit interface to four DDR3 devices
(e.g. 2GByte). This is leading in at least two different .imxcfg files
for DRAM-controller initialization.
The DRAM Density and the number of mounted DDR3 devices can be read from
the board via GPIO-pins.

To prevent multiple barebox-images and so multiple pre-programmed
SPI-Flashes on stock in the factory, I'm looking for a solution to
configure the DRAM-Controller dynamically during barebox boot.

Is it possible to have more than one .imxcfg files in one image and if
so, how can it be selected to configure the DRAM controller depending on
board-info read from GPIO-pins?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Elmar Albert
Embedded R&D

DATA MODUL AG
Landsberger Str. 322
80687 Munich
Germany

Tel: +49 89 56017 197
Fax: +49 89 56017 345

Mail to:  ealbert at data-modul.com
Internet: http://www.data-modul.com

Vertrauliche E-Mail von / Confidential e-mail from: DATA MODUL AG
Vorstand / CEO: Dr. Florian Pesahl
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates / Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board: Kristin D. Russell
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: München
Registergericht / Registration Court: München Handelsregister B 85 591