re-generate the builtin environment

Giorgio Dal Molin giorgio.nicole at arcor.de
Fri Feb 16 01:09:00 PST 2018

Hi,

I want to build a default environment in the barebox for my
board.

For this I defined the following vars in the .config file:

CONFIG_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION_LZ4=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT_GENERIC_NEW=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT_GENERIC_NEW_DFU=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT_PATH="arch/arm/boards/am335x-evm/defaultenv-am335x_evm"

What I observe is that the first time I build barebox the default env is also built;
but after that, if I modify something under CONFIG_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT_PATH and
just rebuild the barebox dir. without a 'make clean' then the changes are missed.

It this correct or do I do something wrong.

The second question is: I noticed that in the board Makefile:

 arch/arm/boards/am335x-evm/Makefile

one can add the definition:

bbenv-y += defaultenv-am335x_evm

Isn't it a duplicate of the CONFIG_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT_PATH make var. ?

giorgio