Stable branches resurrected

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Wed May 24 00:36:27 PDT 2017

Hi All,

v2017.05.0 contains some nasty bugs. This led me to the idea to
resurrect the stable branches. I created stable/v2017.05 and also
released v2017.05.1. Please update to this one if you are using
v2017.05.0.

Experience shows that very few people semm to test the master branch,
but that I get bug reports relatively fast after a release. I'll try and
collect at least the bugfixes for the current release in a stable
branch. I'm not yet sure how long I maintain each stable branch though,
probably not too long to keep people motivated to update ;)

If you want to have a patch in a stable branch, please tell me so to
keep me reminded that we have these branches.

Thanks