Bootchooser - remaining_attempts

Çağlar Kilimci ckilimci at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 00:08:16 PDT 2017

Hello Martin,

Firstly, thank you for your reply.

<Martin.Hollingsworth at itk-engineering.de>:
> Hello Caglar,
> I am no expert in bootchooser, but I am currently implementing it on an imx6 board using barebox 2017-3.
>
> Regarding the first issue. These are my settings, with them target A is successfully disabled after 5 attempts and never automatically enabled again.
> I set the "default_xxx" values within the config-board script of my barebox default-environment. I do not set the current values (like "A.remaining_attempts") within the environment. They are generated on the first execution of bootchooser and stored within the nv variables. Do you maybe accidentally overwrite the current values on startup with some script from the environment? (happened to me ^^^).
> Have you tried explicitly configuring global.bootchooser.reset_attempts='' as empty, instead of not defining it?

Actually, no. I did not intentionally set reset_attempts as an empty
string. As your recommend, while setting it as an empty string, I saw
that each boot time I am setting bootchooser variable from the state
framework:

nv bootchooser.system1.boot=$state.bootchooser.system1.boot
nv bootchooser.system1.default_attempts=$state.bootchooser.system1.default_attempts
nv bootchooser.system1.remaining_attempts=$state.bootchooser.system1.remaining_attempts
nv bootchooser.system1.default_priority=$state.bootchooser.system1.default_priority
nv bootchooser.system1.priority=$state.bootchooser.system1.priority

nv bootchooser.system2.boot=$state.bootchooser.system2.boot
nv bootchooser.system2.default_attempts=$state.bootchooser.system2.default_attempts
nv bootchooser.system2.remaining_attempts=$state.bootchooser.system2.remaining_attempts
nv bootchooser.system2.default_priority=$state.bootchooser.system2.default_priority
nv bootchooser.system2.priority=$state.bootchooser.system2.priority

I am now decreasing 1 from the state each boot time. After enough
unsuccessful attempts, it is disabled and never enabled again.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
--
Çağlar Kilimci