AW: Bootchooser - remaining_attempts

Martin Hollingsworth Martin.Hollingsworth at itk-engineering.de
Tue Jul 11 02:45:27 PDT 2017

Hello Caglar,
I am no expert in bootchooser, but I am currently implementing it on an imx6 board using barebox 2017-3.

Regarding the first issue. These are my settings, with them target A is successfully disabled after 5 attempts and never automatically enabled again.
I set the "default_xxx" values within the config-board script of my barebox default-environment. I do not set the current values (like "A.remaining_attempts") within the environment. They are generated on the first execution of bootchooser and stored within the nv variables. Do you maybe accidentally overwrite the current values on startup with some script from the environment? (happened to me ^^^).
Have you tried explicitly configuring global.bootchooser.reset_attempts='' as empty, instead of not defining it?

<<< from: config-board <<<<<<
# General bootchooser settings
global.bootchooser.disable_on_zero_attempts=0
global.bootchooser.default_attempts=5
global.bootchooser.default_priority=1
global.bootchooser.reset_attempts=''
global.bootchooser.reset_priorities=''