bootchooser and state (again)

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Thu Dec 7 00:06:57 PST 2017

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 01:31:39PM +0100, David GARRIOU wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am currently using barebox 2016.11 with a board from Phytec.
>
> I have problems with state framework and bootchooser.
>
> I have seen some threads dealing with this subject but with latest versions
> of barebox.
>
> My first question deals with my version of barebox (2016.11), does it
> support well bootchooser and state framework ?
>
> Indeed it seems to me that there is a big gap between 2016.11 and latest
> version.

There happened a lot in this area during 2016.11 and now. Please update
to a more recent version. There are many known bugs in the state and
bootchooser code in this old version and we better spend our time in
fixing regressions between your old version and top of tree if there
are any on your board.