usb otg port not working on an imx25 soc

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Tue Nov 15 05:35:33 PST 2016

Hi Giorgio,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 01:57:17PM +0100, iw3gtf at arcor.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on an embedded board with an imx25 soc and I want
> to enable the usb otg port of the soc; in my use case I just want the otg port
> to be configured in usb host mode and use the integrated UTMI phy.
>
> I built barebox with usb support and the usb ports are actually found:

When USB does not work it's most likely that the usbmisc unit is not
properly configured. Have a look at mx25_initialize_usb_hw(). If you
previously loaded barebox with imx-usb-loader then you could try skipping
the initialization in mx25_initialize_usb_hw() completely.

I've seldomly seen that the actual EHCI driver or USB core is the
problem when no device is detected.