Scrolling issues in edit command

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Mon Apr 4 13:07:30 PDT 2016

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 05:38:53PM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> I am trying to setup Barebox on a SAMA5D3-Xplained board. I started
> with barebox-2016.03.0. So far things are looking good.
>
> I have found that I have problems in the 'edit' command, when trying
> to scroll using the arrow keys. Scrolling up inserts random "A"
> characters in the text, scrolling down inserts random "B" characters.
> I am using minicom as the terminal. I don't remember seeing this
> before with older versions of barebox on different boards.

Can you instrument your serial driver to count/notice overflow events?
It's strange that you're missing chars 3-12 in a longer paste.

Does it help to use

	busybox microcom -d 10 ...

? (That is a feature that is missing from the "fullblown" microcom that
comes in the microcom package.)

Best regards
Uwe