picotcp barebox integration
antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:50:51 PDT 2015
I have just published latest picotcp-enabled barebox.
Please see my picotcp.20150331 branch in my github barebox repo
This version is based on latest barebox-next and latest picotcp-development.
Here is barebox picotcp network features:
* network interfaces and the 'ifconfig' command to rule them;
* the 'route' command to see current picotcp route table;
* the 'picoping' command to use picotcp ping support (also now barebox responds
to ping requests);
* the 'dhclient' command to use picotcp dhcp client;
(new) * picotcp-based tftp filesystem support.
Here is note/todo list:
1. tftp write operation is not supported;
2. with picotcp we can't easely use 'tftp' command with old syntax
(no $<current ethernet>.serverip anymore);
3. just now picotcp-based tftp file transfer is 5 times slower than
old realisation (partialy it is my bad, e.g. extra memory copy operation
is used for code simplification);
4. picotcp has dns support, but just now it is unused in barebox;
5. no nfs support in picotcp (should we can keep current barebox nfs support on
top of barebox UDP support?).
More information about the barebox