Compiling barebox for newest Yocto/meta-freescale

György Kövesdi kgy at teledigit.eu
Tue Jun 23 06:40:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

> You better ask in some Yocto-specific mailing list, this isn't really
> the problem of Barebox anymore. :-)   The soft-float option might come
> from one of your inherited configuration files.
I am completely confused now, because Yocto guys said that the problem
is in Barebox... :-)
At least i can compile thousands of recipes on Yocto, currently Barebox
is the only one having this issue. I spent a lot of time debugging this
problem in the recent days and i see the float abi is set to hard in the
bitbake environment, and the soft float is not even supported by gcc
(that is the problem). Currently i blame the kernel build system used by
Barebox about setting soft float abi.

> Soft-Float is definitely not optimal for the i.MX6, because this one
> has FPU commands.
I agree.

Regards
Gyorgy Kovesdi