[RFC v2 00/16] barebox picotcp integration (2015.07.19)

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Fri Jul 24 00:19:23 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 07:58:56AM +0300, Antony Pavlov wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:45:24 +0200
> Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 01:06:49PM +0300, Antony Pavlov wrote:

> > > Sascha!
> > >
> > > Please comment patches 5-7!
> > >
> > > Probably these patches will be changed in the next picotcp integration patchseries version,
> > > but your comment on them could be very beneficial.
> >
> > From looking at them they are ok. I haven't found the place where you
> > allocate packets now, but please make sure they are aligned for dma
> > accesses, i.e. use net_alloc_packet(). Otherwise this happens:
> >
> > eth0: Transmit data not aligned: c0416acc!
> >

> Could you try this patch, please?

With this the packets are now sufficiently aligned. When I replace
edev->send with eth_send in pico_adapter_send I get a step further.
Packets are still sent with the wrong mac address. It uses
00:00:00:0a:0b:0c which is probably some dummy value you introduced
somehwere, but the ethernet device is never configured with that value.