[RFC] [WIP] incorporate picotcp into barebox: a small demo

Lucas Stach l.stach at pengutronix.de
Mon May 26 02:45:57 PDT 2014

Am Sonntag, den 25.05.2014, 13:58 +0400 schrieb Antony Pavlov:
> Hi all!
>
> I have adapted barebox for work with picotcp network stack.
>
> Picotcp is not a small piece of code so I can't easyly send
> a patch to the barebox maillist. I have put results of my work on github,
> see mini-howto below.
>
> This picotcp integration is a dirty hack in many ways.
> We need additional effors for adapting barebox and picotcp
> for more easy joint operation.
>
> Please express your opinion on my work. I'm awaiting your comments.

You forgot to mention one important thing: Why is this change beneficial
to barebox?
Please don't get me wrong this is in no way a criticism on your work. I
only skimmed through the branch as of now and can't really comment on
the change. So please help me out: do you feel the code is
leaner/cleaner than the existing barebox network support? Or what's your
motivation for this?

Regards,
Lucas

--
Pengutronix e.K.             | Lucas Stach                 |
Industrial Linux Solutions   | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |