why is some output placed under "srctree" even if i specify output dir?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jun 27 06:01:34 PDT 2014

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Holger Schurig wrote:

> Oh, that's interesting. Because sphinx-build can only be taught
> about one sourcedir. But in the srctree != objtree case we have two
> source dirs: the in srctree/Documentation with the provided *.rst
> files, and the objtree/Documentation/commands, with those files that
>
>    @$(srctree)/Documentation/gen_commands.py $(srctree)
> $(objtree)/Documentation/commands
>
> could generate.
>
> Maybe gen_commands should also update the static *.rst files if
> srctree != objtree?

  ok, that's something that can be decided by those of you higher up
the food chain; as i said, my only concern is that if i select an
external build directory, nothing should really be generated in the
source directory. but maybe i'm still unfamiliar with the build model
here -- still reading the sphinx docs, starting to really like this.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca