where is Documentation/parameters.txt?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jun 27 04:49:49 PDT 2014

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014, Holger Schurig wrote:

> >   oh, sorry, i missed that doc *branch*, my fault.
>
> It's totally new ... and awesome (compared to the old docs).

  ok, possibly a silly question but, as i now read it, if i want to
work with the sphinx-based docs, i should be working off the "doc"
branch and restrict my changes to just the files in the Documentation
directory.

  but recently, i submitted a patch to correct the misspelling
"persistant", and some of those changes were in Documentation/, while
other examples of that were scattered elsewhere (arch/, scripts/).

  so what's the protocol for correcting "documentation" (eg., inline
comments in source files) as opposed to the content under
Documentation? should non-Documentation patches be submitted against
the master branch? or does the "doc" branch track master closely
enough that i can exclusively stay on the "doc" branch?

  as in, should i resubmit that earlier patch broken into two parts?
and if one submits a patch against the "doc" branch, should that be
identified in the patch itself? the subject line?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca