i.MX6 frame buffer inside barebox?

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 06:46:28 PDT 2014

I just noticed that simplefb wouldn't work with i.MX6 anyway, even if
I adapt it.

When I setup the framebuffer from barebox and display a splash and
then boot into Linux, then my framebuffer vanishes. Even when I don't
have simplefb or ipu enabled.

I think (!) the reason is the clock framework.The clocks for the IPU
are turned off, and so I don't see anything anymore (this is, however,
a wild assumption, I haven't checked it yet).

However, I checked with an Oscillioscope that if I setup the backlight
PWM (pwm0 in Barebox) and start Linux without CONFIG_PWM /
CONFIG_PWM_IMX, then the PWM is turned off as soon as Linux has been
started. Memory 0x2080000 shows in bit 0 that the PWM is still turned
on. But as nothing comes out, it must be the clock.