[RFC] incorporate picotcp into barebox

Daniele Lacamera daniele.lacamera at tass.be
Tue Jun 24 00:36:29 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Antony Pavlov <antonynpavlov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Daniele!
>
> Do you have any progress on introducing barebox-related ping and dhcp client
> changes into picotcp?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>   Antony Pavlov

Hello Antony,

Yes, I've been working on the components themselves in order to comply
with barebox's CLI requirements. I added a pico_dhcp_client_abort()
function to cancel an ongoing dhcp negotiation, and a
pico_icmp[4|6]_ping_abort() to cancel the ongoing ping operation. All
changes are tested and the new APIs are documented in the user manual.
It is now possible to interrupt ongoing operation (e.g. via CTRL+C
from the barebox CLI).

A fresh manual is created by jenkins after each commit from the .tex
in the source tree and it is avaliable at:
http://162.13.84.104/user_doc.pdf

Additionally, the TFTP branch I created is almost finished: TFTP
client and server are working except for the timeout feature. Due to
our internal quality policy and implement the unit tests with at least
80% coverage in order to qualify for a merge to the master, but
meanwhile both client and server are tested against tftp(d)-hpa. You
can already have a look at the new module:

https://github.com/tass-belgium/picotcp/tree/tftp

In particular, this is how I am testing client/server functionality:
https://github.com/tass-belgium/picotcp/blob/tftp/test/picoapp.c#L2201

Of course before merging there will be a new chapter in the manual
describing the TFTP API.

As usual, comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,

--
Daniele Lacamera