picoTCP, barebox, and licenses

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 20:18:58 PDT 2014

On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 21:48:10 +0200
Frederik Van Slycken <frederik.van.slycken at gmail.com> wrote:

> <frederik.van.slycken at gmail.com>:
> >> Where is that in the wiki? IMHO it isn't correct, the toplevel COPYING
> >> file says v2, which is also our intention.
> >
> > http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php#license
> >
> > """
> > This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> > modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
> > published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
> > the License, or (at your option) any later version.
> > """
>
> A couple of other locations - I'm not sure if they're all up to date,
> but these are results 3 and 4 when I do a google search for "barebox
> license" :
> http://www.barebox.org/documentation/barebox-2011.05.0/
> http://www.barebox.org/documentation/barebox-2009.12.0/main.html
>
> Number 2 was the wiki, already mentioned, and number 1 is wikipedia,
> which does mention only gplv2 :)

There is no need to use google to determine barebox license!

Just see COPYING file in the top dir of barebox repo:
  http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=barebox.git;a=blob;f=COPYING;h=f13e904b5362b7f2e0bdfa9db74ed14b1dcfdfe7;hb=HEAD

it is GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991!

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov