Porting barebox (devicetree) to Variscite iMX6 SOM

Michael Burkey mdburkey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 16:53:33 EST 2014

Sascha,

Part of my last post can be ignored -- specifically part of the stuff
on the ethernet controller.

I just discovered that using either "detect -a" or "detect miibus0"
works to properly detect and configure /dev/phy0.

Basically, the initial probe using devicetree fails, but once the
PF0100 is set correctly and a simple manual reset is done (same code
as you used on the pfla02), then the phy detects properly and I can
access the network.

So, is there an easy way to have it skip the initial probe that fails?

Was this possibly the idea behind why you have the fec disabled in the
pfla02.dtsi and then enable it in the pbab01.dts?

Basically, disable it for the first probe, then enable it in an
overlay and reprobe?

What I have now "works", but I prefer to do things the "right way" if possible.

Thanks!
Michael Burkey