FW: Barebox on Karo TX25

John Parker John.Parker at lucyautomation.co.uk
Wed Nov 27 06:28:42 EST 2013

Hi all

I've spent a day trying to get barebox onto a Karo TX25. I've trawled the lists and documentation but seem to be missing something fundamental.

I need to replace Redboot with barebox and I know that barebox will need 512k (256k + 2 more blocks for env) rather than the 256k partition that Redboot has.

Redboot is version "Ka-Ro 2009-06-10" as supplied with the TX25.

The problem is that when I try to delete and recreate the Redboot partition, Redboot says no becays it is reserved, even though I'm running in ROMRAM mode.

I know the tx25 is a supported configuration because there is a defconfig for it.

Is it documented anywhere exactly how to replace redboot with barebox?

What magic am I missing?

Thanks

John