Installing barebox for karo-tx53

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Tue May 7 13:55:49 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 12:33:03PM +0000, Dr. Patrick Langfeld wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to install barebox on a Karo TX53 module as a primary bootloader.
> Now I have a few questions:
>
> a)
> With wich version should I start. I found the branch karo-tx53 at
> git://github.com/gchiii/barebox-tx53.git
> Is this the right one (as it seems to be quit old with latest commit
> 9 month ago)

I don't know this branch.

> Or should I start with the master branch at
> git://git.pengutronix.de/git/barebox.git ?

Yes, this one is the right one.

> b)
> Is there even a simpler way as I am using ptxdist?

barebox is integrated into ptxdist, so you can just select it in ptxdist
platformconfig. There are also ways to compile a barebox from a git
repository using ptxdist.

> c) How can I flash barebox over u-boot, which is my current bootloader?

Yes, you can. What boot sources does your board have? I think it has
Nand, that's where U-Boot is. Are there other possibilities?