Porting barebox (devicetree) to Variscite iMX6 SOM

Michael Burkey mdburkey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 16:34:20 EST 2013

I have answered some of my own questions and got more working on the
Variscite port.

So, for anyone else trying to do basically the same thing I am:

1) The built-in devicetree does get probed and enumerated.

2) By the time the _init function in board.c gets called, the probing
is complete and devices such as i2c are available.

I also got my uart problem fixed -- which was actually a devicetree
error on my part.

However, I am still back to working on part of my problem. When
configured correctly, the Variscite development board is SUPPOSED to
gate the 3.3V line to the onboard peripherals using the 3.3V output of
the PF0100 -- which, unfortunately, means that some of the devices
that may need to be probed in devicetree probably won't respond until
after I can use I2C to properly configure the PF0100.

So...after I have configured the PF0100, can "oftree -p" be used to
re-probe the current tree?? Or do I have to figure out a way to bring
I2C up early as well?

Thanks,
Michael Burkey