Porting barebox (devicetree) to Variscite iMX6 SOM

Michael Burkey mdburkey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 17:44:02 EST 2013

Thanks for all the help!

I have now at least got it to the point of getting a barebox prompt
via the serial port.

The final thing I had to change was that I realized that since we have
our UART1 using a different set of pins than is the default, I needed
to manually change the IOMUX settings for the early bring-up of the
serial port that Sascha pointed me to earlier.

Basically:

/arch/arm/boards/variscite-mx6/lowlevel.c

-writel(0x4, iomuxbase + 0x01f8);
+writel(0x03, iomuxbase + 0x0280);
+writel(0x03, iomuxbase + 0x0284);
+writel(0x00, iomuxbase + 0x0920);

MANY THANKS!!!!

I'm sure I will have more issues, but this at least gets things
booting up enough to where I can now make progress.