Porting BareBox to Variscite iMX6 SOM

Michael Burkey mdburkey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 15:18:13 EDT 2013

Sascha,

Based on a fairly thorough perusal of the current HEAD from the git, I
am thinking I will implement the Variscite SOM in the following file
structure:

(FYI - the Variscite development kit includes their own carrier board
which is simply referred to in their published schematics as
"MX6CustomBoard", so I am thinking of segmenting things by SOM and
carrier board, much as you have the PhyFlex and its carrier board.)

/arch/arm/configs/variscite_mx6_custom_defconfig
/arch/arm/boards/variscite-mx6-custom/board.c
/arch/arm/boards/variscite-mx6-custom/flash-header.imxcfg
/arch/arm/boards/variscite-mx6-custom/lowlevel.c
/arch/arm/boards/variscite-mx6-custom/Makefile
/arch/arm/boards/variscite-mx6-custom/env/(To Be Determined)
/arch/arm/dts/imx6q-var-custom.dts
/arch/arm/dts/imx6q-var-som.dtsi

Does this fit into your current methodology pretty well?

Thanks!
Michael Burkey