OMAP SPI adding inline functions

Teresa Gamez t.gamez at phytec.de
Fri Sep 28 10:39:29 EDT 2012

Hello Jan,

I'm working on adding inline functions for omap devices to reduce the
board code. I have noticed that the omap3_spi driver doesn't fit in the
scheme. It uses the dev->id to set the master->bus_num. So I have to
pass the argument here and can not use the DEVICE_ID_DYNAMIC define. Has
that been intentional? Wouldn't it be better to pass this over
platform_data like in the altera_spi driver does?
I allready noticed that it's done the same way in the kernel...

Sadly I'm on vacation next week so my patches have to wait.
And sorry for not having time to look at your lowlevel support of am335x.

Regards
Teresa