build timestamps don't work

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:28:52 EDT 2012

On 17 May 2012 22:19, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:52:36PM +0400, Antony Pavlov wrote:
>> ping
>>
>> On 16 May 2012 08:27, Antony Pavlov <antonynpavlov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> >  I have found that on my Debian testing build system generation of
>> > timestamps don't work correctly.
>
> I just tried and it works with ARM builds. Tried again with MIPS, and
> yes, indeed it does not work. Maybe worth looking at the architecture
> specific Makefile.

I tried another debian linux. I tried ARM & MIPS: the both don't work.

I checked linux-3.1 build for mips: it work. At least  there is one differrence:
in linux if i make 'rm .version && make', then scripts/mkcompile_h
started _two_ times, but only _one_ time in barebox.

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov