How should a new internally developed board be handled?

Jerry Kirk jkirk865 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:48:24 EDT 2012

Our company is developing a new board for the i.MX35 series
for use in various internal products. We do not expect to
ever "sell" this board on the open market.

We recognize the "public" license and are willing to release
any modifications so that others might learn from our changes
in order to improve their systems.

In this case, is it appropriate for me to begin submitting
patches to define our new (internal only) board and it's
configuration? It would certainly be easier if our changes
were in the tree as we migrate through various versions of
barebox.

Thanks,
  Jerry