barebox image size

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Mon Jul 16 10:32:55 EDT 2012

Hi,

Le Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:25:57 +0200,
Christian Kapeller <christian.kapeller at cmotion.eu> a écrit :

> On 07/16/2012 03:52 PM, christian.buettner at rafi.de wrote:
> > Thx for the hint.
> > What i don't understand is that barebox boots from nand but the
> > environement can't..
>
> Good point. In any case the driver isn't able to recognize your nand
> device. I see from you supplied code snipplets, that your barebox is
> at least two weeks old. Maybe you use the upstream tree, as maybe there
> are already fixes for imx53 nand flash.

you may try the ONFI patches as the log "nand_get_flash_type: second ID
read did not match ef,ef against c0,c0" seems very similar to what I
already saw in the past on one of my i.MX53 based board :

http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=barebox.git;a=commit;h=7baead578db7e47aedfcd3a5a21a69b9f37630d1
http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=barebox.git;a=commit;h=4b23222c4d68bf40ad89c99bf5e7fcbaa235bffb
http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=barebox.git;a=commit;h=632c45795065e6a7471ab82be38e808eb6204341

Eric