i.MX53 QSB

Marc Reilly marc at cpdesign.com.au
Wed Jan 25 19:32:32 EST 2012

Hi,

> > If I am booting from the SD card how do I get it onto the card
> >
> > dd if=barebox.bin of=/dev/sdc bs=512 seek=2 ??
>
> cat barebox.bin > /dev/sdc
>
> Of course this means that you will overwrite the partition table of the
> SD card. I'm still loooking for a good way to make this behaviour more
> convenient.

(For iMX35 at least): The barebox image doesn't contain anything in the first
1K apart from an unconditional branch to the reset vector (at 2K offset). This
branch is not necessary for internal booting, because the app entry point is
specified in the flash header information.

sudo dd if=barebox.bin of=/dev/sde bs=512 seek=2 skip=2

similarly for the env and kernel...

sudo dd if=barebox_default_env of=/dev/sde bs=512 seek=512
sudo dd if=${KERNEL_LOC}/arch/arm/boot/uImage of=/dev/sde bs=512 seek=1536
sync && sync

Make sure that your boot pins are set to boot from SD!!

Cheers,
Marc