iMX35 3stack framebuffer problem

Boaz Ben-David boaz.bd at wellsense-tech.com
Sun Oct 9 03:10:29 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I haven't been able to solve this problem.
The issue I'm having here is that when I'm using a GPIO to power down
the LCD during the kernel boot
the flicker had already happened. Meaning, when I finally have control
over the GPIOs it is too late.
As far as I understand the arch specific code is called in the
start_kernel function, and what I would like to
do is set the controlling GPIO to low before the setup_arch function is
called in start_kernel function.
Is that even possible? I've been trying to fiddle around using physical
addresses to do that but all I achieved is
getting the kernel stuck at boot.

Thanks,

Boaz.