Just how fast is barebox?

Geoff Smith gjsmith at vardr.com
Sun Mar 27 23:25:18 EDT 2011

Apologies for the newbie question. I am looking for a fastboot option for
 the i.MX27

I want to be capturing video data from a cold start within 300ms (preferably
200ms).

I have been looking at ThreadX etc which claims start-to-application-code in
300 cycles.

Until I ran across barebox I assumed that linux could not meet the
requirement.

So, does anyone out there have measured results for barebox that gets close
to my requirement?

If barebox/linux can't do it does anybody have a recommendation for a
suitable OS on iMX27 that can (off topic I know)

Regards
Geoff

--
*Geoff Smith