test app

Vanalme Filip F.Vanalme at TELEVIC.com
Tue Mar 15 07:03:39 EDT 2011

[Filip]
Thanks for the information.

I guess this one is because I'm not an experienced programmer.... :

If I use a division operator or a modulo division operator in a static function, all compiles well. If I change the static function into a global function, I get following errors :
Undefined reference to '__aeabi_idiv'
Undefined reference to '__aeabi_idivmod'

The function looks basicly like this (just took the 'problem' part) :

static void testfunc (int row)
{
	char c[2];

	c[0] = row / 10 + '0';
	row %= 10;
	c[1] = row + '0';
}

This is how my Makefile looks like :

CC 			= $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
OBJCOPY		= $(CROSS_COMPILE)objcopy
OBJDUMP		= $(CROSS_COMPILE)objdump
AR			= $(CROSS_COMPILE)ar
AS			= $(CROSS_COMPILE)as
LD			= $(CROSS_COMPILE)ld

CFLAGS		= -Wall -Os -nostdlib -Wl,-Ttext=0xA0000000
OBJECTS		= testapp.o gpio.o uart.o time.o
SRCS		= $(OBJECTS:.o=.c)

all: testapp.bin

%.bin : %.elf
	$(OBJCOPY) -O binary $^ $@

%.elf : $(SRCS)
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $^ -o $@
	$(OBJDUMP) -S $@ > dump

.PHONY: clean
clean:
	rm -f *bin *elf $(OBJECTS)

I never encountered this problem before in other projects and I don't see why this is working in static functions and not in global functions....

Filip