Code "borrowed" without attribution to original authors

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Thu Oct 7 08:45:03 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 10:45:30AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Sascha,
>
> In message <20101007080646.GB28242 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:
> >
> > > Do you think such a short hint cannot be done?
> >
> > We can (and actually I prefered Jean-Christophe had done it) add a
> > hint in the commit log saying that the code is derived from U-Boot,
> > but I will not dig through the U-Boot commit log to see who actually
> > made a commit looking similar to a barebox commit, and I do not expect
> > anyone to do so.
>
> It is trivial to find the commits that added the lines you are
> copying from - just run "git blame" on that file.

You showed me in a long mail that it's enough of contribution if the
string 'Linux' shows up in the commit log and now you want me to
reference particular commits? That's cool.

Anyway, I don't want to run further into your
barebox-sucks-from-the-community argumentation.

Jean-Christophe, I just reverted the offending commits. Can you please
update the patches to contain credits to U-Boot and Marian
Balakowicz?