Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n

Ruben De Smet ruben.de.smet at telenet.be
Thu Nov 20 12:54:40 PST 2014

On 20-11-14 13:51, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> On 20 November 2014 13:43, Ruben De Smet <ruben.de.smet at telenet.be> wrote:
>> This will be the last day I'm using my Broadcom Corporation BCM43228
>> 802.11a/b/g/n miniPCI WiFi card, as I'm switching to a faster Intel AC card.
>> Is there any interest in the linux-wireless or b43 community to have
>> this device for reverse engineering purposes? I'm able to send it for free.
>
> Did you test this device with b43? Were there any problems with it?

This is what I wrote on 12 November.

--BEGIN--

Hi!

Today Fedora 20 updated to 3.17 and so I was pretty eager to try b43
instead of wl. It didn't work like I hoped it would; networkmanager was
able to scan but not to connect with my BCM43228.
I've ordered an Intel WiFi card some days ago. So if the b43 team wants
to, I can send a developer my BCM card for free for developing, reverse
engineering and debugging purposes.

(I googled an excerpt of the dmesg error message (because it had a MAC
address in it I didn't want to give to Google), but I forgot to write
down the original message:

deauthenticating by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)

Ruben

--END--