Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n

Ruben De Smet ruben.de.smet at telenet.be
Thu Nov 20 12:46:27 PST 2014

On 20-11-14 15:49, Francesco Gringoli wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2014, at 1:51 PM, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 20 November 2014 13:43, Ruben De Smet <ruben.de.smet at telenet.be> wrote:
>>> This will be the last day I'm using my Broadcom Corporation BCM43228
>>> 802.11a/b/g/n miniPCI WiFi card, as I'm switching to a faster Intel AC card.
>>> Is there any interest in the linux-wireless or b43 community to have
>>> this device for reverse engineering purposes? I'm able to send it for free.
>>
>> Did you test this device with b43? Were there any problems with it?
> By the way, I have been using a few 43228 in monitor mode with b43 and they were hanging pretty randomly (I was using 3.16.0-wl that time, apparently they were stopping receiving but they were still able to transmit). Although they work much better than 43224, especially with 48Mb/s and 54Mb/s and with higher MCS (especially with two streams), the 43224 seemed to be more stable.
>
> Best,
> -Francesco

Followup: just tried to place the new WLAN card in my notebook; Lenovo
doesn't like them if they're not whitelisted. I'll have to hack my bios
before I send this card over.

Yes, I tried blacklisting the proprietary wl on kernel 3.17 and
rebooting. Messed a bit around, I could scan for networks, but wasn't
able to connect to any of them. I sent a mail about that earlier to the
b43 list; got no response (possibly someone forgot to use reply all).