BCM4331 deauthenticates every five minutes

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 12:57:45 EDT 2013

2013/6/19 Chris Adams <cmadams at cmadams.net>:
> Once upon a time, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> said:
>> What type of encryption are you using? If it is a re-keying type
>> such as TKIP, what is the interval? You should find that on the
>> setup page of the access point.
>
> I don't have access to the management of this particular AP (work
> environment), but "iw dev wlan0 scan dump" says CCMP.

I think some key interval applies not only to the TKIP, but also other
keys. For example GTK (which is part of WPA2 with it's 4-way
handshake). GTK is Group Temporal Key, and Broadcom's router have a
setting called "GTK rotation interval". I guess PMK/PTK also can have
some intervals.

I don't know how/if driver can be responsible for such reconnects.
Over all it just TX and RX packets, right? Loosing a signal is
something different, that can be related to the driver's bug. But as
this happens every 5 minutes... I don't know.

Did you try connecting to this AP with any other card and using
similar kernel? I wonder if this can be some supplicant / mac80211
stack issue...

--
Rafał