BCM4331 deauthenticates every five minutes

Chris Adams cmadams at cmadams.net
Wed Jun 19 12:42:27 EDT 2013

Once upon a time, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> said:
> What type of encryption are you using? If it is a re-keying type
> such as TKIP, what is the interval? You should find that on the
> setup page of the access point.

I don't have access to the management of this particular AP (work
environment), but "iw dev wlan0 scan dump" says CCMP.

> BTW, your mailer is set up strangely. I get your address when I do a
> plain Reply, but a Reply All from Thunderbird only got the b43-dev
> mailing list. I had to add your address manually.

I'm using Mutt, which sets "Mail-Followup-To: <listaddr>" for configured
mailing lists.  If you were just replying to the b43-dev list, a CC to
me isn't really needed (I subscribed before sending; didn't know if
non-subscribers were allowed to send messages).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at cmadams.net>