BCM5354 SoC with LP Phy Wifi

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Jan 29 17:12:55 EST 2012

I got a device with a BCM5354 SoC and a LP-Phy Wifi core on it. With
current b43 it still fails with Out of memory when using a recent
firmware 666.2 and works with an old firmware 410.2160. I tried DMA and
PIO mode and had the same results. I added some printk's into the code
and implemented some parts b43 does not have but the Braodcom sdk and
brcmsmac has in the dma code, but I haven't resolved the issue.

I found out the error occurs when send some packages doing "ifconfig
wlan0 up" does not result in any problems, but when I try to scan with
"iw wlan0 scan" it oopes very soon. The problem seams to be related to
TX as there are many packages received, but the oops occurs after 4
calls to b43_dma_tx()

Larry, you wrote some more LP spec based on a newer driver is there a
list with updated docs or should I manually look into all packages if I
want to implement it like it is in the new wl driver.
As I see there are also many parts not implemented, but described in the
spec so looking over the hole code is probably needed.
My device has a sprom of revision 3 and not the expected version 8, does
this cause any trouble?

Hauke.