New device in MacBook Pro, yet unsupported?

Darren dmbtech at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:40:00 EDT 2011

On 06/11/2011 06:09 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 11:36 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>> I've asked for tests of mmiotracer and ndiswrapper on Ubuntu forum [1] [2].
> I can do that but it will probably take a while; I may just use the box
> with wired and Bluetooth networking for now, or not use it at all until
> I'm not quite so snowed under with other things.
>
> If you send me a SSH public key I can give you root access on the box
> over the wired connection and you can play with it yourself, which might
> be a lot faster all round?

If you are using Ubuntu David, you can get the mmio trace without
recompiling the kernel.
Just do

echo mmiotrace > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/current_tracer
cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_pipe > /tmp/dump.txt &

echo "Modprobe start" > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_marker
modprobe ndiswrapper
echo "Modprobe end" > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_marker

echo "ifconfig wlan1 up start" > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_marker
ifconfig wlan1 up
echo "ifconfig wlan1 up end" > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_marker

killall cat