Enabling PLL timeout on BCMA bus

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 12:40:44 EDT 2011

W dniu 17 lipca 2011 12:22 użytkownik Kalle Valo <kvalo at adurom.com> napisał:
> Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> W dniu 16 lipca 2011 03:14 użytkownik Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> napisał:
>>> My last hope is to find some magic in PCI config space.
>>
>> After dumping PCI config space ops, I've noticed there are writes to 4
>> uniq registers:
>> 0x0D ← latency timer (setting to 64)
>> 0x40 ← Disabling RETRY_TIMEOUT register (0x41)
>> 0x80 ← PCI_BAR0_WIN
>> 0xAC ← PCI_BAR0_WIN2
>>
>> No magic here :( I've no idea what now. I don't see a single
>> difference between b43 and wl.
>
> What about timing? Maybe wl is slower in some cases?

I've hacked bcma putting mdelay(1) after ever R/W op. It didn't help.

I've discovered different interesting thing however. Register 0x1E0 is
not ChipCommon specific. It is valid for every core on my boards:
ChipCommon, 80211 and PCIE.

I've already sent patch implementing correct core reset, including PLL.

--
Rafał